Friday 21 August 2015

Pinch of Enlightenment ( not under the Bodhi Tree)


My husband gifted a salon coupon hamper on Valentine's day this year .
And women will be women!
If they don't get a gift they are upset!
If they get one they are wondering why this why not that
So how can I be any different, I am a woman, I must adhere to the  laws of our species.
" he never gets me", "that's so insensitive of him"...so while all this streaming in my head I thanked him for being so thoughtful.

Thoughtful?
Really?
Does he think I don't look like the woman he fell for, years back?
Does he think I need outside help  in covering up the years that were now visible on my face ?

After 6 months of telling myself I don't need these dumb facials, the middle class woman took over the age denying  mid thirties mommy.....the coupons would be losing their validity . I was required to take a prior appointment and I did so.Reached the salon on time for my very first Gold Facial,Oh! Yes , first!

I was introduced to Reshma who was to take care of me . I don't even remember the exact process but that massage on the face felt good ,the music was soothing and the place too smelt lovely.I was about to fall asleep amidst all that "white wash ", when she asked,
" What do you do Ma'am?"

( not again....I hate this one....because I still don't know how to answer it , is it even worth mentioning what I do the entire day, and  when I tried telling people as to what I did on other occasions I was told," So you are a Housewife"...I have never understood this word....
A woman who married the house?
A woman who got a house after she became a wife?
Whatever)

"Ma'am?"

" I am a housewife"

" Really ma'am ? you look like a college student!"

( and I forgot about the hatred that i have for.... what was that word?)

"No way! I have been married for 12 years"

" Wow ma'am , so do you have children?"

( one question I love to answer, one thing I love about myself the most, playing mom to my two kids)

"Yes, I have two, a boy and a girl"

"Oh my God, ma'am, nobody would believe that"

( I was smiling away to glory in my head)

She put some "batter" which she called a pack on my face and left, said ,"would be back in 10 minutes."

I was already levitating and thinking had he not given me this coupon hamper I wouldn't have come to this place( even "she" thinks I look like a college girl) , I definitely didn't need all this, at least not yet.
She came back after 15, apologising for that 5 min delay.Another round of packs followed and so the conversation which was left half way carried on:

" Ma'am next time before getting a facial done put " God Knows what" pack. "

" OK"

" You need skin rejuvenation therapy too your skin looks dull."

"Really? OK!"

" Do you use anti tan lotion because the skin around the eyes looks extremely damaged? "

" You mean sun block?"

" Even your neck is showing signs of loosening of skin due to aging."

( So she was the same girl who couldn't believe I was a mother, a couple of minutes back , the girl, who just made me feel like an 80 year old )

" Its done Ma'am.
Please do fill up the feedback form before you leave.Hope to see you again, soon."

Thanked her.Tipped her.Filled up the form.

My feedback:
Excellent service.An experience that made my day !

My feedback ( in my head):
1.The woman who entered and later left the salon was the same :ME
2. The woman who didnt look like a mom and later looked like almost a grandmom was the same:ME
3. How different set of words can make your day or break you down
4. Knowing yourself and accepting what you are is important, people have their own versions of you       as per their need ,circumstances , position and disposition
5.How you make others feel about themselves can make their day or break them down

Note to self : Be careful!!!Make don't Break!

Thank you Reshma! I shall be back for "what was that therapy?" (which woman doesn't want to look like a college pass out....hehehehe)


1 comment:

  1. Amazing ! You have a way with words ! I was rolling up and down through your emotions . Well done !!

    ReplyDelete